Saturday, February 25, 2006

Once upon a time, a good friend

If my memory serves me right, today is my then-good-friend's 42th birthday.

I get to know Lee about 13 years ago, we worked in the same department and we built up our friendship. In that year, I was blessed with a daughter but Lee doubled the blessing with twins - 2 boys. I left the company eventually and took up an assignment in China. With blessing, we met again in a conference in Connecticut. We really enjoyed that trip.

After my assignment, I came back and worked for a local company which was severely suffered from the 1997 financial crisis. Lee took the liberty to introduce me to get my current job, for that I always indebted to Lee.

I was seconded to various countries in Asia Pacific with different assignments in the first 4 years. Finally I came back to settle down for good in 2003. I got my promotion after Lee, and I could not recall since when our ego started to outshine our friendship. I lost my mind in an incident. That yelling was a sentence to death to our friendship. I really really regretted. Set a side the reasoning of who was on the wrong, I should have treasured our friendship to endure the provocation. I apologized, but the damage was too deadly to recover.

Well, happy birthday, Lee, if you can hear me. I still remember and appreciate what you have done for me, always.

Our human relationship is fragile and our forgiveness is shallow.

That reminds me of what the Lord has done and accomplished for me. Albeit I repeatedly disappointed Him, I am still saturating in His abundant love. Praise the Lord, our relationship is enduring and it is forever. I am repenting my sins and Lord if you wish, please mend these sadden hearts and enlighten both me and Lee to learn from your unconditional forgiveness and love.

Hopefully, Lee and I will celebrate our friendship's reborn soon, just like Your resurrection. Lord, please bless your children.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home