Monday, February 27, 2006

Head hunted.

I was head hunted for a new job.

I groaned to Chen recently that my market value has dropped because it has been awhile I did not receive any phone call from various Head-Hunters. I put the blame on my age and started to worry about the stability of my job. Then I received this call requesting for an interview. I was excited, most probably I thought my market value is up again.

After the event, I realize that I love my present job. I can’t leave my present company even the salary offered is very inviting. Why? I have been longing to find a new and better paid job, why am I hesitating?

The truths are:
1. This company has fed my family comfortably for the past 7 years;
2. This company has given me various opportunities to work in different countries in Asia Pacific, and I enjoyed that.
3. This company has subsidized my family trips to Australia and New Zealand for duration of one month each.
4. This company has financed me to get my advanced diploma.
5. I have a very good boss, I never see him loosing his temper in the past 7 years. He is just like a brother to me.
6. I am so comfortable with what I am doing, Chen’s ATM theory applies.
7. Deep inside me, I am reluctant to move to a new environment.

So, why was I groaning in vain? Well, that reveals my greed and pride. I suppose to be cheerful always with what I have. I must give thanks to the Lord for what I have. I must pray to the Lord unceasingly for what I have.

What else could I ask for? Oh! Yes, Lord, please come. That should be the only thing that I am still asking for in life - the manifestation of my hope of glory.

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count your blessing and be contented. Greed brings you nowhere and it hurts sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home