Friday, March 10, 2006

Father and daughter.

My daughter is in secondary school now. It’s a trendy thing that most teenagers carry mobile phones nowadays. I thought it’s alright to allow my little girl to have one as well, despite her elder brothers never ask for it. As a motivation to her, I bought her a brand new mobile phone before she obtains her PMR result. I told her I have confidence in her, and true enough her result was very good.

After a few months, her phone bills were getting higher. We discussed and had an agreement, but she was too addicted to keep the bill to the agreed minimum. On top of that, she finds it difficult to catch up with her study. My wife sends her to various tuitions and anticipates seeing improvement.

Reluctantly, I have to admit that my “love” to her has caused her to be addicted to the mobile phone. Despite I do not understand what fun does it has to just SMS to and from with one finger typing on a miserably small keyboard on a mobile phone, and that cost us hundred over Ringgit a month!!

Gee! I was the culprit not her, as my wife rightfully pointed out.

Sometime I do grumble when my prayer is not answered, crying “where are you, God?”. It’s really an eyes opener that my little girl has taught me a lesson from this experience. What a human father offered to his children’s request may not be in their best interests, as his children do not know exactly what they are asking for.

So do I, my Lord. I saw the pain my little girl has to suffer when I decided to withdraw her mobile phone. She was in tear even though she understood the reason why I did that. My heart was broken.

Thank you, Lord, for not giving me what I naively asked to save me from the withdrawal symptom and possible damage. With regards to my cry out to you, Lord, I hear your answer now. You have been with me all these while, that’s why I am living a happy life with your abundant supplies. Thanks and praise you, my Lord. (2-Mar-06)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home