Friday, March 10, 2006

Breakfast

Our body fasted over the night, please eat your breakfast before you rush to school every morning. I told my son anxiously.

My eldest son used to be quite plump. As a teenager, I admire his determination and persistency in reducing weight. He is in good shape now. It took me a few years to cultivate the habit of exercise, and it takes me even longer to change my eating habit which I am still struggling with. My son managed to outperform me. Excellent!!

My son is a science student and I am proud of his academic achievement. Nevertheless, my perception of him is he neglects the practical part of his Bio knowledge – he skips breakfast. As my wife observed, he looks tired and lost his zest as compare to his childhood.

I read the Bible and fairly happy with my progress. Somehow, I am still lacking in the aspect of life and nature of God. I get irritated easily and my temper is still a reflection of the evil. When I served my son the above tongue lashing, I realize that I am of no difference to him. My reading of Bible remains as knowledge just like my son’s bio knowledge – a pot calling the kettle black!!

As a Christian, I am delighted that the Spirit is enlightening me from time to time, even for a small matter like this one. The Spirit takes every single opportunity to educate and mold me, if I am willing to slow down and listen to Him.

Oh Lord, I don’t want knowledge, I want life. Thanks for the way to convert knowledge to life by prayer-reading you word.
As for my son, please eat your breakfast.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise i will eat breakfast.... hhahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home