Monday, March 13, 2006

Scholarship.

Every parent loves their children and they expect their children to excel and do well in life, I truly believe.

As time goes by, I tend to ignore the fact that my children have grown up. On the other hand, my children are being spoiled by our pampering. Human behavior is a product of habit. If I continue to disregard the fact that my children are old enough to take good care of themselves, that will limits their “growths”, at last I realized.

We thought we were caring parents. We planed most of the things for our children as we deem best for them. We promised to provide the best we could and we don’t want them to worry about even the least important matter in life. That has to stop. For we noticed that our children are participating willingly in all sorts of house work while they are away from home, but refuse to do the same at home. That puzzles us!! We also noticed that we are keener to plan for their academic advancements, i.e., application for scholarship, while they adopt a “couldn’t careless” attitude. That worries us.

What have possibly gone wrong? We scratch our heads and question ourselves.

At last we were enlightened, praise the Lord.

A butterfly has to struggle to break its cocoon before it flexes its colorful wings to fly high. If a caring-butterfly-father tries to mitigate the struggling by cutting a hole in the cocoon, the baby butterfly will miss the struggling which will equip it with the strength it needs to fly and worse still, the baby butterfly will die. The decease of the baby is caused by the love of the parent. Love kills sometime.

We decided to let go. My children are much smarter than we are, we are fully convinced. From now on, we will only provide the bare minimum financial assistance for their daily requirement, other than that, they have to fight for themselves to get what they want in life.

Oh Lord, thanks for the enlightenment and please walk with us throughout our lives.

2 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Hope of Glory said...

For a simple reason: They are my children and I love them more than you could ever imagine.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Hope of Glory said...

Praise the Lord that we see it from the same angle. Please see my message on "Dispute".
We tend to see "good" things as God's plan for us with or without proper prayer/answer/enlightenment. Your point of God's plan for my son could be your own perception, not God's. Or worst still, we see the need from our human eyes and equalize that as God's will. Of course if God wills, I have no hesitation to submit myself and benchmark against Abraham in the consecration of Issac.
God is peace, you reckon? Hence if we do something for God and yet we have no peace, what does that signify?
Let's slow down and let God. Moses was called at the age of 80. My son is only 17 although I do not deny the possibility that God calls young people. YOU and I are NOT God, hence we should not play God.
Let pray and pray and pray.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home